RCA Game Festival
Remote Chess Academy will be conducting a unique competition, where your skills in annotating your own game(s), and the ‘quality’ of your games played, will be judged.
Have you ever played a mind-blowing chess game that you will remember forever?
Then annotate that game yourself and send it to us – if we think that your game and your annotations are good, you’ll win an awesome prize!
How it works?
All you need to do is find a game of yours (whether an OTB game or one from the Internet) which you think is the BEST game you have ever played, and annotate the same.
And send your game to email@example.com
We will evaluate:
- How you annotate the game with variations and text commentaries.
- All comments for a game should be written by YOU solely. Using variations/comments by another person will lead to disqualification.
- There is no age limit/ELO to participate.
- The games should be provided in *.pgn format.
- You may submit a maximum of two games. In any case, only one game per person will be selected.
- If you want to highlight a certain position in a game (the position that illustrates a certain rule or idea), please mark it out with the word DIAGRAM.
- Please send your games to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Latest date for entry: 28.04.2015.
There will be two stages in the contest. They are:
- Stage-1: this stage will be conducted till 28 April – during this period, all participants will be submitting their annotated games.
- Stage-2: from all the games submitted, we’ll be selecting the 10 best games, which will be awarded the prizes listed below.
But how will we decide the order of the prizes of those 10 games?
We’ll not be deciding that. Instead, it will be ‘YOU’ who will decide which game is to be rewarded with the 1st price and which game will receive the final prize! That’s great, isn’t it?
How it works? We’ll publish those 10 best games on our site; and then they will be listed for voting.
Who can vote? Students of RCA, those who don’t qualify for stage-2, non-participants and even the RCA team members – of course, that includes me as well. If I like your game and your annotation, I’ll definitely cast my vote!
WARNING: multiple votes from the same person (for instance, asking friends to vote for you) will simply lead to disqualification. If we suspect any such activity, we’ll disqualify that participant.
Results: and finally, according to the number of votes that each game has received, we’ll announce the winners!
Remote Chess Academy reserves the right to accept/reject any entry without assigning any reason therefor. Remote Chess Academy also reserves the right to use the games submitted for the contest at its own discretion, for instance, to publish the best games on the RCA website.
The judges’ decision is final and binding.
- 1st – Champion Psychology book + any course of student’s choice + any 2 webinar recordings of student’s choice (OR) Gift voucher* worth $250 on RCA products + your game commented
- 2nd – Champion Psychology book + any course of student’s choice + any 1 webinar recording of student’s choice (OR) Gift voucher worth $200 on RCA products + your game commented
- 3rd - All in one opening bundle + Champion Psychology book (OR) Gift voucher worth $175 on RCA products + your game commented
- 4th – Unlocking the GM’s Mind – second editon + GM Smirnov’s Webinar Bundle (OR) Gift voucher worth $150 on RCA products
- 5th - How to beat titled players + Grandmaster’s Opening Lab-1 (OR) Gift voucher worth $125 on RCA products
- 6th – GM Smirnov’s Webinar Bundle + Champion Psychology book (OR) Gift voucher worth $100 on RCA products
- 7th – Unlocking the GM’s Mind – second editon + GM Dlugy’s webinar “Playing for a win” (OR) Gift voucher worth $75 on RCA products
- 8th – Grandmaster’s Opening Lab-1 (OR) Gift voucher worth $50 on RCA products
- 9th - Champion Psychology book (OR) Gift voucher worth $30 on RCA products
- 10th – Any webinar recording of student’s choice (OR) Gift voucher worth $20 on RCA products
*Voucher means that you are entitled to use this amount for obtaining the products of RCA (courses, webinars). If the product is more expensive than the value of your voucher, you may pay the difference and still get the product.