First, I’d like to remind you of the special 30% discount I’m providing you with on all RCA products. Simply use the coupon “bday30” – it will be valid only till Tuesday, 31 October. If you don’t know how to use a coupon, please see here.
It’s my birthday time, and I’d love to share my positive mood with you. I’ve selected 9 photos from last year, which will hopefully make you smile. 🙂
1) My last birthday started with one of the most delicious chess boards I’ve ever used – it was a birthday cake. 🙂
2) Some people called Magnus Calsen “chess Viking”. If so, there are a number of things Magnus should change in his make-up. Here’s how a Viking should look like in reality.
Here I am in the artificial village created for shooting the movie ‘Viking’.
3) Talking about history, probably you’ve heard about Darwin’s theory of evolution.
It looks like Darwin was right, there’s so much we have in common with our distant relatives.
4) Now, there’s a short quiz for you: can you notice anything special in the following photo?
This photo was captured in Malaysia’s jungles, and there’s a monitor lizard on the tree.
5) After getting this master-class in hiding with the lizard, I’ve tried to hide myself in jungles as well.
It didn’t quite work; I need more practice. 🙂
6) From left to right: here are my wife, Jack and me.
Do you know who Jack is? His full name is Jackfruit.
7) Thanks to my Indian students and RCA teammates, I got to know lots of great things about this colorful country. But I got addicted to drink…
Masala tea! If cooked with proper spices, it’s just fantastic! I could never make that impressive pouring though. 🙂
8) Also, I tried to adopt the US culture. In the below video I’m passing a cowboy exam: the task is to remain sitting on the bull, while holding it with 1 hand only.
9) Although I’ve failed the “bull test”, at least I could get alone with a horse.
Not for nothing it’s my favorite chess piece.
I hope that some of the photos have provoked similar facial expressions in you as well. 🙂
P.S. Thanks for all your birthday greetings! I’m delighted to deal with such awesome people like you. Thanks again! You’re also welcome to solve the Cat’s Chess Puzzle!