About a month ago, I wrote in an article that I had watched the trailer of the movie “Pawn Sacrifice”, which is about the World Chess Championship Match – 1972 between Fischer and Spassky, and that I liked the trailer and was happy to see chess in mainstream cinema.
Today, we’re going to take a ride into ‘Fischer’s pawn sacrifice’. 🙂 It was the tenth game of the World Championship 1972, where Fischer made a pawn sacrifice that transformed the entire position.
During the event, Spassky had all the support of the Soviet Union, what was then called the “Soviet chess machine”, while Fischer had a much less support.
But the essential thing that Fischer had was outstanding preparation.
To discuss this, and to analyse this beautiful piece of the game, IM Valeri Lilov has prepared a very instructive video for you. 🙂 It is to honour the famous pawn sacrifice that Fischer made in that game.
You can watch the video lesson “Bobby Fischer’s pawn sacrifice” below:
Moreover, we’ve published some instructive articles/lessons for you. You can check them below:
- History of chess Part-1: LINK
- History of chess Part-2: LINK
- Power of a chess game: LINK
- Psychology in chess: LINK
Chess is a great sport that helps you develop your mind, and this amazing game inspires self-motivation and what not! Celebrate this festival with us and spread the love – let’s have fun during this celebration week!
After all, there’s only one “International Chess Day” per year, so let’s make it special. 🙂
- Bobby Fischer’s pawn sacrifice – video lesson: LINK
- “Webinar in Defense” by Lilov: LINK
- “I love chess” campaign: LINK
- International Chess Week – main page (Party hall): LINK
- International Chess Week – special offers: LINK