As a chess player, nothing is worse than the embarrassment of resigning before the 10th move. It doesn’t matter which openings you prefer to play. Every opening has dangerous and venom-filled traps that (in a single move) can make you lose the game. The good thing is that you can be on the winning side by learning them! We’re happy to announce that our new course “Opening Traps” by IM Mat Kolosowski is released today!
Note: this course was created by our partner ‘The Chess World’. We only choose what’s best for your improvement.
Why This Chess Course About Opening Traps?
Even strong players have had the face-reddening experience of losing in a few moves (in the opening stage). How can you avoid nightmare situations like these? Studying all the most common traps for every opening will save you dozens of points and hours of embarrassment! No matter what openings you play, there’s something IM Mat will point out to help you sidestep the dangers, improve your tactical skill, and improve your overall tournament performance.
Opening Traps Covered in This Course
- Lesson 1 – Introduction to Opening Traps
- Lesson 2 – Legal’s Mate
- Lesson 3 – El Greco’s Trap
- Lesson 4 – Blackburne Schilling Gambit
- Lesson 5 – Noah’s Ark
- Lesson 6 – Mortimer’s Trap
- Lesson 7 – Ruy Lopez – Tarrasch Trap
- Lesson 8 – Vienna Game – Wurzburger Trap
- Lesson 9 – Petroff – Marshall Trap
- Lesson 10 – Sozin Trap
- Lesson 11 – Accelerated Dragon
- Lesson 12 – Sveshnikov Trap
- Lesson 13 – Other Sicilian Traps
- Lesson 14 – Caro-Kann Traps
- Lesson 15 – French Traps
- Lesson 16 – Queen’s Gambit Accepted Traps
- Lesson 17 – Queen’s Gambit Declined Traps
- Lesson 18 – QGD – Rubinstein’s Trap
- Lesson 19 – Cambridge Springs & Ragozin Defense
- Lesson 20 – Budapest Gambit & other minor lines
- Lesson 21 – Other 1.d4 Traps
To celebrate the successful launch of this course, we’re providing you with a massive 50% discount. Simply use the coupon “opening50” and you’ll save about $50 USD! If you don’t know how to use a coupon, please see here. This is a limited-period offer and will be valid only till Tuesday, 18 August.
IM Mat’s Live Stream on YouTube
Finally, let me remind you that the author of this course, IM Mateusz Kolosowski, will be conducting a live stream on the RCA YouTube Channel tomorrow (Saturday, 15 August) at 6 pm UTC (check timings here). If you don’t want to miss it, subscribe to our channel to get notified.