The day is finally here – the launch of RCA’s new chess course “Master Sicilian Pawn Structures” by IM Mateusz Kolosowski. In this course, IM Matt will teach you about the various key topics and variations from the opening for both White and Black. It breaks down the necessary principles of the Sicilian Defense. By the end of the course, you will have a clear idea of all the Sicilian main lines.
Key Topics Covered in the Course:
1. Hedgehog – Illustration of the structure, why it’s called like that and why it’s so poisonous. Pros and cons for both sides.
2. Rauzer – This lesson pays special attention to Black’s pawn formation in the center on the Bg5xf6 line.
3. Najdorf – In this chapter, you will learn the most unique (e.g. poisoned pawn, Polugaevsky variation) + possible transposition to the Scheveningen.
4. Scheveningen – This lesson shows White’s setups (classical, Keres Attack, Yugoslav Attack). Pros and cons for both sides.
5. Taimanov – This chapter explains the similarities and possible move transpositions. Lack of a6 – importance of good timing regarding playing a6. Pros and cons for both sides.
6. Kan – This lesson explains the difference between the Kan and the Taimanov. It shows systems with/without g6 + introduction to the Maroczy Bind. Pros and cons for both sides.
7. Sveshnikov – In this chapter, you will learn the structure and its similarities to the Sicilian Kalashnikov. Pros and cons for both sides.
8. Dragon – This lesson teaches you the classical and the Accelarated Dragon and the difference of White’s pawn formation if White castles kingside/queenside. Pros and cons for both sides.
9. d6-d5 break – Black’s d5-break is one of the most typical ways of bringing life to minor pieces. Often, it’s worth sacrificing a pawn in order to open the position if White starts a kingside attack.
10. Summary – The summary of all lessons.
In honour of the popular Sicilian Defense and to celebrate the launch of the course, we’re providing you with a huge 30% discount on the course – you will save about $24 USD! Simply use the coupon “sicilian30”. If you don’t know how to use a coupon, please see here. It is a limited-period offer and will be valid only till Sunday, 30 September.
In addition to mastering the Sicilian Defense against 1.e4, learn the Grunfeld Defense, a sharp and aggressive reply to 1.d4, from our course “Master the Grunfeld Defense as Black” to strengthen your opening repertoire and save $29 USD!
Note: the coupon “sicilian30” can also be used on this combo-offer – i.e. you can still get the course “Master Sicilian Pawn Structures” with a 30% discount by purchasing the combo!
Finally, I’d like to share with you the video prepared by the author of the course himself, IM Matt, in which he introduces the course to you and explains what you can learn from it. You can watch the video below:
Suggested you may also like to check out my video lesson “5 Best Chess Opening Traps in the Sicilian Defense”